Reading Time: 3 minutes
We are winging our way down to Melbourne, Australia for this network lowdown. We are taking a look at YTM – Your Time Matters – A Network Overview.
This is a long overdue blog! I actually spoke to Kerryn Powell last July/August 2021, but a change in my own circumstances meant I didn’t get to sit down and focus on YTM – Your Time Matters. So I am now righting that situation.
It took a few attempts to connect with Kerryn given the timezone difference. We eventually managed it, with Kerryn quietly hopping out of bed at a very early hour, trying not to wake her husband and me, already in my PJs sitting in bed, make up off – suffice it to say, neither of us were looking our usual selves! But none of that mattered!
We got talking and chatting. You know when you find those kindred spirits, people with whom you can chat with ease and there is always something to say? Well that’s how I felt with Kerryn and I can absolutely concur that she is a passionate and whole-hearted network catalyst, as she describe herself on her online and social channels.
About Kerryn and How YTM Started
Kerryn Powell, is the founder of Your Time Matters and is a connection strategist, conversation starter and network catalyst who thrives on building communities and creating the right connections for those seeking strategic allies to make a positive impact through connection, contribution and community.
Tapping into her diverse career portfolio, Kerryn draws on her experience, skills and knowledge to encourage, support and empower business owners, professionals, teams and individuals to create true connection through authentic conversations that build real relationships, boost confidence and generate business and opportunities.
There are a wide variety of ways to engage and connect in with YTM.
The first and obvious one is to become a member.
Member Benefits Include
Here’s a brief overview, but you can get a more detailed look at the benefits here.
- Matched introductions – connect with people you need to meet
- Monthly networking events – online or in person
- Lunch & learn – network and learn from expert speakers
- Let’s Talk Business session – trouble shooting, think tanks, problem solving sessions for members
- Private Facebook group for members to share and ask questions
- Resource Bank: access to podcasts, videos, tip sheets and more
- Tool kit: Business booster cards and networking tips
- Online course – Ignite your networking
- Local socials where members can join on a pay as you go basis
There are two ways to pay to become a member.
- The first is a once off, full payment. There is no joining fee and you’ll save $375 with this option, paying $1997 plus GST (general sales tax).
- The second option is a monthly, staged payment. With this option, there is a joining fee of $225 plus GST and then monthly payments of $179 plus GST.
There is an open seat policy.
Who Can Join
The current membership is largely B2B but also has a B2C membership.
Currently events are online and in person. There are a number of opportunities to connect and network each month.
- Facilitated networking event – this is currently online and is a members only event.
- Lunch & Learn with an expert guest speaker – open to members and non-members.
- In person lunches or dinners – these are currently being scheduled for once a quarter.
As a member, attendance at the events is included when online. As a non-member, events have a ticket price. Currently event tickets are $65 plus GST per session.
For in person dinners and lunches, there is an additional sub to be paid.
Kerryn’s husband, Leigh Powell, is the resident business mentor and advisor. You can learn more about him, his areas of genius here and do connect in to have a chat. It’ll allow you to see if you’re both a good fit for each other!
YTM offers businesses an opportunity to become sponsor partners. You can find out more about the opportunities here and connect directly with Kerryn to develop a bespoke package to meet your visibility, branding and business needs.
Reaching Out to YTM
If you’d like to reach out to Kerryn or her husband Leigh, their mobiles are:
Kerryn Powell: +61 414 856 616 | Leigh Powell : +61 422 601 950
YTM socials are: Facebook, Linkedin, Instagram, and YouTube while Kerryn’s personal social channels are linked here: Instagram, Facebook, Linkedin, YouTube. Her personal website is www.kerryn-powell.com.au
Book a Coaching Session:
Would you like to network strategically to work towards achieving your goals? Would you like to learn to network with intention for maximum influence and impact for your business or your career? Why not book an hour consultation with me? You can book and pay here.
I also have a special offer of a reduced rate for a package of 3 hours coaching, which can be booked and paid for here.
Getting Social with NetworkingJean
You can join my mailing list too and I’d love to have you on board.