Reading Time: 4 minutes
I’m just a little bit excited about this blog! Why, because it’s my own network. Whoop, whoop.
This has been a while in the making. So let me give you the short version. The idea was brewing way back in December 2021. I reached out to Mary Fleming of Mary Fleming Design to start a conversation about setting up my network.
Mary is a graphic designer, so I unloaded all my thoughts, my vision and my why to her and she unpacked my ramblings to help create a brand for Ignite Business Network.
The Long and Windy Road
A house purchase and a massive refurb project meant that most of 2022 was spent in project management mode, so I put my network on hold.
September 2022 came and I was raring to go again. I got my branding sorted, my powerpoint presentation, my pop up stands, arranged a venue, got a website started, did a soft launch on a Thursday at the end of November 2022, only to be told on the following Monday that I had cancer!
I think that’s what you call a curve ball or a rug being pulled out from underneath you.
But whatever it is called, I had to stop everything. We’re now in May 2023, and while I’m still in treatment, I’m past the worst part of my treatment and my energy is starting to come back.
For those of you who don’t know me, I tend to be a little bit of a Duracell bunny when it comes to things I love doing and I’m now so excited and impatient to get back at it and relaunch Ignite Business Network.
So here I am writing a blog on my own network and I’m bursting with excitement.
Let me start with my why. I’ve been a part of many, many networks since I left my corporate role. I feel that there is room for something fresh and new in Ireland.
I’ve chaired groups and started groups. I know what it takes and I know what works.
For me, what is generally available right now is either highly pressurised or very loose, so I thought I’d work on something that fits the middle ground. I see so many networks focussed on just online and I get it…it’s efficient and it keeps costs down.
But my question then becomes:
Do you want your networking to be efficient or do you want it to be effective?
My vision is to have a network that’s a destination. A place for like-minded business owners to come together on a weekly basis and connect for positive, authentic, genuine and support based networking. Members enjoy coming to the meetings and can’t wait for their weekly meetups.
The Need to Know Details
- Ignite is a Business to Business network.
- It is a referral network.
- There is a one seat per profession policy.
- Meetings are weekly and run 10 months of the year, with one meeting in August and one in December.
- Ignite is gender neutral.
- Ignite embraces diversity and inclusion.
With Ignite Business Network, I invite you and your business to IGNITE. LEARN. GROW.
Who’s it For?
Ignite Business Network members are business owners who are ambitious for themselves and their businesses. They want to surround themselves with similarly ambitious business owners who stimulate and challenge them in equal measure.
- Diversity and inclusion are key pillars and tenants of the network.
- Members are growth mindset orientated and have a spirit of abundance.
- Members are both experienced and inexperienced networkers. It does not matter which camp they fall into, but there has to be an openness to learning and growth.
- Members connect and really get to know each other with a view to supporting each other’s business growth.
- Members are committed to attending up to 40 – 44 meetings in a year.
- Members take the time to get to know their fellow members and to learn how to help them overtime.
Who It’s Not For?
- People who have to be persuaded that networking is good for business.
- Toxic, negative and fixed mindset individuals.
- People with a scarcity mindset.
- People who see networking as a fast solution to their sales dilemma.
- People who only look at cost, ignoring the value.
- People who aren’t willing to commit to the schedule. Of course people will get sick and take holidays…that’s not what I’m talking about.
- People who only want to take and never learn to give.
Type of Events
My intention is to set up groups around the country and to have face to face groups.
If there is enough interest from around the country from different areas, I would be delighted to speak to individuals who would be interested in forming groups under the brand of Ignite Business Network.
€150 admin set up fee.
From there, there are two payment options:
- Online meetings: €1200 per year or €120 per month for installments.
- Face to face meetings: €1500 per year or €140 per month for installments.
Prices are ex VAT at the prevailing rate.
- Weekly facilitated networking meetings
- Tea/coffee and refreshments
- Cross group connections as groups are established
- Marketing and member profiles to amplify each member’s marketing efforts
- Linkedin and Whatsapp support groups for members
Locations & Schedule
The first group is based in Wicklow in the Parkview Hotel in Newtownmountkennedy. This group runs weekly on a Friday from 9.30am – 11am.
Two options for South Dublin groups will be available from September as follows:
- 9.30am – 11am Thursdays
- 12pm – 1.30pm Thursdays
Getting Social with Ignite
The website is www.ignitebusinessnetwork.ie and email firstname.lastname@example.org
You can follow the journey on our social media channels: Twitter, Instagram and Linkedin
Book a Call
Knowing whether a network is a fit for you and your business is part of your decision filtering process. I get it!
So why not book a 15 mins discovery call with me to see if there is synergy.
The only thing left to ask is:
Are You Ready to Ignite Your Business?
Other recent blogs include:
BWP Ireland – Network Overview
Are You Making it Easy for People to Introduce You?
Connect with me on Linkedin! And I’d love you to join my newsletter too. Click here to join my community.
Let me know your networking questions, qualms, concerns, challenges…and I’ll answer them in future blogs and on my NetworkMe Podcast.